donderdag 18 november 2010

Eerste wereldproblemen

Meer lol uit probleemrubrieken:

Ok, this is kind of a nebulous problem to confront. A non-problem almost. I don't even know if it's thread-worthy other than that it bugs the hell out of me. I started a job about two months ago and overall it's great. Co-workers are nice, pay is reasonable for the work involved, whatever. The closest thing to a problem is my boss and that's only because he does not communicate well. At all. Any criticism or even anything that could be interpreted as criticism of him is taken very personally. (Dat kan een probleem zijn...) This wouldn't be a problem if this one incident didn't keep coming up!

Every Friday, he grills up a bunch of hotdogs and hamburgers and brings them in on Saturday and Sunday for everyone to have for lunch. I'm vegetarian, and after I told him this, he's started making me these enormous salads that, truthfully, I don't ask for and don't want. He's putting in all this work and I can't figure out how to tell him I just want to get out of the store for my lunch break and get some quizno's down the road. (Ik begrijp waarom je geen vieze druiperige salade met slappe sla en mayo wil.)

A complicating problem is, the salads are really, really good. (Huh???) Home grown crisp apple slices, fresh butter lettuce he gets from a local co-op, all sorts of herbs from his home garden - this last weekend he made a raspberry-pear vinaigrette that was, to say the least, loving amazing. (Huh???!!) I just don't want it sometimes! But if I ask him to ask me before making me one, I know he's going to take it personally. I guess what I want to know is, should I suck it up and try to enjoy the salads that are forced on me? Is it too early in the job to risk it over a free lunch? How can I break this to him without hurting his feelings?

Ik zie het probleem, jij bent het, ondankbaar stuk vreten dat midden in een recessie een baas vind die twintig minuten aan een geweldige salade voor zijn enige vego werknemer besteed en de rest met gemakkelijke hotdogs en hamburgers opscheept.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten